Mar 8, 2014

Guest Designer: Lucy Evans

Happy Saturday, 3 Girl JAM Friends!  Karen N here....and today, I am SUPER stoked to be introducing you to 3 Girl JAM Guest Designer Lucy Evans.  Lucy and I have been online scrappy buddies for a LONG time, and let me tell you.....not only is this gal incredibly sweet, but she's full of crazy crafty goodness.  Without further ado, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Lucy!

*****
Hi. My name is Lucy. I am a Medical Technologist at a large laboratory. I am married, have 3 adult daughters and one grandson who is 6 years old. I live in a suburb of Chicago. I got hooked on scrapbooking in 1995 when I was shown a Creative Memories brochure. I caught the card making bug while socializing with a bunch of other craft-o-holics on a crafting website. I love making cards, not only for the fun of creating, but also of knowing that it may bring the recipient some joy.

I have been a lover of 3 Girl Jam ribbon for a more than a year. I love the ribbon colors and the way it "Crinkles".  I have also purchased some of the burlap ribbon, lace and flair, which I need to play with.  I was surprised, nervous and honored when Karen asked me to be a guest designer. The March challenge is to use the colors Yellow, Green and Orange. At first, I thought about jelly beans, because I love them and they are out in the stores. Then I looked at the colors of the 3 Girl Jam ribbon and it reminded me more of warmth and spring. We still have white snow covering the ground and have had below freezing temperatures for months. I am ready for spring! These were also my mom's favorite colors :-) I used a stamp from Unity Stamp Co., some Ranger Distress inks to water color the image. I went over it with some Niji Pearlescent water colors, which are very similar to Twinkling H2O's. the second picture shows the glimmer.  I used 3 Girl Jam ribbon in the colors, Harvest Orange, Sunflower and Goblin Green. The rest of the details and products I used are over on my blog http://littlescrapsoflucy.blogspot.com.


Here's a close-up:

*****

I LOVE the ribbon banner and how you placed the ribbon under that sunflower.  So gorgeous.  Thank you, Lucy, so much for designing for 3 Girl JAM today!

Craftily yours,

Karen

7 comments:

  1. Super wonderful guest design! Love this card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lucy! Congrats o being Guest designer!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks! It's good to "see" you! You go hop for Julie's 2nd Blogoversary hop which goes through Sun. 3/9. There are prizes :-) There's a few other CC ers. Here's the link in case you missed it.

      http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com/2014/03/julies-second-blogoversary-blog-hop-its.html?m=1

      Delete
  3. Yea! Yea! Yea! Lucy, I'm so excited you are guest designing! What an awesome card! You totally rocked your Guest spot, the challenge, AND that beautiful card. You are awesome in so many wonderful ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Lucy! This is just fabulous with all of the texture and colors…great to have you as our very talented guest designer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I really like all the layers.

    ReplyDelete